Friday, July 13, 2012

MILA BACK IN SOUTH AFRICA
After 42 days Mila is safely back in South Africa. She is tied up in Mykonos Marina for those of you that don't know, Mykonos Marina is situated about 130 kilos north from Cape Town on the West Coast.
Mila needs a lot of TLC now. Her bottom is covered with barnacles and her woodwork needs varnishing. I am planning to put her on the hard to get all the work done. It is winter now in Cape Town so we will have to wait for the warmer weather to haul her.
Once she is painted I will launch her and keep her in the marina. Mykonos is situated in the Langebaan Lagoon and it is a wonderful area for sailing. I am very fond of Kraalbaai and will be spending the Christmas Holidays there with the family.
Milo the boat cat is living with me in Durbanville and he is getting use to the apartment. I think he misses the warm weather of the Caribbean because he spends most of his time in front of the heater. I fitted a cat door for him so he comes and goes at his leisure. My granddaughter Mila has a cat named Donsie and we all thought that Milo and Donsie will fight but they became great friends and team up to give Lizzy the dog a hard time.
That's all the news for now.

No comments: