Friday, November 12, 2010

November 2010

Where has the year gone to? It feels as though it was Christmas yesterday. So here we are almost at the end of 2010. I am still in South Africa and miss my boat and cat. Fortunately I have someone looking after Milo the boat cat and Mila the yacht is safe on land and in storage at Power Boats Marina in Trinidad. Hurricane Tomas came very close to Trinidad, but no damage were reported. The hurricane season is ending soon. Plans are to visit Chaguaramas in Trinidad for a few days over the festive season, to make sure that all is ok with Milo and Mila.
I was blessed this year to become the grandfather of my first grandson Ruben. He was born on September 6th and all went well with baby and mother. It was worth the time spent not sailing , to wait for Ruben's birth.
My granddaughters Mila, Anais and Jana are growing so fast and it is a delight to have them around. They each have their own personality and it is such fun to see them developing. Marinna and I took them to climb Leeukoppie and it was great fun. I made it but I am sure that the mountain has grown higher since I went up 15 years ago.
I promised my children that I will be in South Africa for the Christmas season and as it is my 70th birthday in March, Plans are to return to Mila later in the year. I am still in two minds where to go once I put Mila back in the water, carry on cruising in the Caribbean and Venezuela or to sail down to Rio. I have very nice memmories about Brazil and would like to spend more time in the south. In the meantime I am kept busy in my sons office.
We are all healthy and have so much blessings.
To my family and all my friends wherever you are I wish you a very blessed Christmas and a happy 2011
Till later

No comments: