Sunday, December 07, 2008

Trinidad & Tabago

My Afrikaanse vriende vra altyd hoekom ek nie my blog in Afrikaans skryf nie. Die rede is baie eenvoudig. Die "cruising" gemeenskap is baie internationaal en mens vind dat Engels oor die algemeen meer verstaan en gepraat word. Ek sal wat wou gee om meer Afrikaans sprekende Suid Afrikaners te ontmoet wat om die wereld seil. So as julle my blog in Engels lees wees verseker dat ek my moedertaal, Afrikaans eerste stel meer weens die omstandighede die blog in Engels skryf.
Ek wens my familie en vriende 'n baie geseende Kersfees en gelukkige 2009

2008 has come and gone, the year ending seems to come faster and faster every year. This year started off with the crossing from South Africa and most of the year was spent in Trinidad. I was ask to help with the building of a 55' Catamaran called Spice for an American owner. It was a good experience but time has come to get all the work finished on Mila so that she can go back into the water. Plans are to launch Mila by the 25th February 2009 and then go sailing north to Grenada and the Grenadines. My son Hennie is planning to join me here in Trinidad and then to come sailing with me for a month. Mila has been on the hard now for some time and I am looking forward to be on the water again. I would like to wish my family and all my friends a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2009

1 comment:

P said...

Hello Marius!
This is Jean-Francois from Pytheas III.
I am following you on your blog.
I am no longer sailing for the time being and Pytheas is for sale...sad!
But...we just bought a beach house in Haiti...It's a stone boat!
You will find its position on the blog: kay-soley.blogspot.com
You are very welcome to visit us.
Merry Xmas & happy new year!
JF
jfthieux@yahoo.fr